Christian & Small is a multi‐disciplinary regional law firm with a global perspective. Our attorneys serve individuals and established regional, national and international companies, as well as emerging businesses. Clients rely on Christian & Small for innovative legal services that reflect a deep understanding of the law and their businesses.
Our firm is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, with additional offices in metro-Jackson, Mississippi, and the Alabama Gulf Coast, providing us a strategic geographic base from which to serve clients on a statewide basis and throughout the Southeast.
Deborah Alley Smith serves as managing partner.
- Represents clients in all Alabama jurisdictions as well as in other states, including Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Mississippi, New York, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.
- Serves as national coordinating counsel, regional counsel and statewide counsel for clients in various enterprises.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Ranked one of Alabama’s top litigation firms by Chambers USA Guide: Six partners
recognized by Chambers USA
- Listed in Fortune Magazine as one of the Top Ranked Law Firms™
- Recognized in the 2020 edition of U.S. News and World Report and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” with a National Tier 3 Ranking for Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions‐Defendants and with a Metropolitan Tier 1 Ranking for the eighth consecutive year in 13 practice areas
- 16 partners named to Best Lawyers in America® for 2020 – including “Lawyer of the Year” recognition for Partner Sharon D. Stuart (Litigation – Insurance)
- 15 attorneys selected as 2020 Mid‐South Super Lawyers®
- Managing Partner Deborah Alley Smith and Sharon D. Stuart named to the 2019 list of Top 50 Women Mid‐South Super Lawyers
- Managing Partner Deborah Alley Smith and Partner Daniel D. Sparks named to the 2019 lists of Top 50 Alabama Super Lawyers and 2019 Top 50 Birmingham Super Lawyers
- Recommended by Benchmark Litigation as one of Alabama’s Eleventh Circuit litigation firms
- Member, International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- Member, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity – only Alabama-based law firm
- Numerous attorneys are members of industry associations and organizations recognizing outstanding lawyers, including:
- American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- American Academy of Appellate Lawyers
- American Bar Foundation
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers (IATL)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Alabama Society for Human Resource Management
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- The firm’s corporate social responsibility program is focused on education.
- Diversity is one of the firm’s core values - We believe that diversity in backgrounds, experiences, and ideas enriches our lives and enhances the quality of the work performed by the professionals at Christian & Small.