Christian & Small has earned a premier reputation handling litigation for a wide range of professionals including medical professionals, pharmacists, attorneys, CPAs, architects, engineers, insurance, and real estate agents. Our attorneys are experienced defending a variety of professional malpractice claims in state and federal courts and in the appellate courts. Our attorneys also have represented clients before numerous regulatory boards and/or disciplinary commissions including:
- Alabama Beverage Control Board
- Alabama Board of Cosmetology and Barbering
- Alabama Board of Nursing
- Alabama Board of Examiners in Counseling
- Alabama Board of Medical Examiners
- Alabama Board of Pharmacy
- Alabama Charter School Commission
- Alabama Home Builders Licensure Board
- Alabama Real Estate Appraisers Board
- Alabama Securities Commission
- Alabama State Bar Disciplinary Division
- Board of Dental Examiners of Alabama
- Jefferson County Barber Commission
- Mississippi Board of Pharmacy
Whether your goal is to seek a favorable outcome at trial or to negotiate a settlement, our professional liability team will work to understand the details of the case and work to chart a strategy for the best possible outcome.
Christian & Small’s medical malpractice attorneys are highly respected for their vigorous defense of healthcare providers and practitioners against the complicated and often emotion-filled claims of medical malpractice. We routinely counsel large hospitals and professional liability insurers and have successfully defended numerous claims.
Our years of combined experience affords our medical malpractice defense group access to a substantial network of resources and comprehensive knowledge of the standards of care, medical procedures and techniques, and the special concerns of medical expert witnesses.
We recognize that each medical malpractice claim presents a personal and professional burden to healthcare professionals and businesses. Our goal in each case is to alleviate some of that burden. To that end, we take an aggressive approach to defending medical malpractice claims including analyzing each case to see if the plaintiff has met the burden of proving negligence, medical mistakes or errors in treatment, or unreasonable care and injury.