Christian & Small is pleased to announce that 15 attorneys have been selected for inclusion on the list of 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers®, including one partner and two associates named to the 2020 Mid-South Rising Stars list.
Partners Deborah Alley Smith and Sharon D. Stuart were named to the 2020 Top 50 Women Mid-South Super Lawyers® List, and Partner John W Johnson named to the 2020 Top 50 Birmingham Super Lawyers®. In addition, Partners Deborah Alley Smith and Daniel D. Sparks were each named to the 2020 Top 50 Alabama Super Lawyers® list and the Top 50 Birmingham Super Lawyers® list.
2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Bill D. Bensinger – Bankruptcy – Business
- Edgar M. Elliott IV – Civil Litigation Defense
- John W Johnson II – Insurance Coverage, Top 50 Birmingham Super Lawers®
- Greer Mallette – Real Estate
- James L. Pattillo – Personal Injury Defense – General
- Deborah Alley Smith – Appellate, Top 50 Women Mid-South Super Lawyers, Top 50 Alabama Super Lawyers, Top 50 Birmingham Super Lawyers
- Richard E. Smith – Business Litigation
- Daniel D. Sparks – Bankruptcy – Business, Top 50 Alabama Super Lawyers, Top 50 Birmingham Super Lawyers
- Sharon D. Stuart – Business Litigation, Top 50 Women Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Richard M. Thayer – Civil Litigation Defense
- Michael A. Vercher – Class Action
- David B. Walston – Employment and Labor
2020 Mid-South Rising Stars
- Jordan C. Loper – Personal Injury General: Defense
- M. Jansen Voss – Civil Litigation Defense
- Priscilla K. Williams – Personal Injury General: Defense
Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. The Rising Stars list is developed using the same selection process, however, candidates must be either 40 years old or younger and in practice for 10 or fewer years.
All attorneys first go through the Super Lawyers selection process. Those who are not selected to the Super Lawyers list, but who meet either one of the Rising Stars eligibility requirements, go through the Rising Stars selection process. While up to 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
About Christian & Small
Christian & Small LLP represents a diverse clientele throughout Alabama, the Southeast, and the nation with clients ranging from individuals and closely-held businesses to Fortune 500 corporations. By matching highly experienced lawyers with specific client needs, Christian & Small develops innovative, effective, and efficient solutions for clients. With offices in Birmingham, metro-Jackson, Mississippi, and the Alabama Gulf Coast, Christian & Small focuses on the areas of litigation and business, is a member of the International Society of Primerus Law Firms, and is the only Alabama-based member firm in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity. Our corporate social responsibility program is focused on education, and diversity is one of Christian & Small’s core values.
No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.